Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weight Update

Current Hat: 2007 NYR St. Patricks day hat

As I've talked about, in December of 2009 I weighed in at 175. I graduated high school in 2004 at 126. Currently my weight is 160. I lost 15 lbs.

I decided a little after christmas that it was time to get my act in gear, I couldn't eat whatever I wanted and not exercise. If I kept that lifestyle I'd continue to gain more and more weight. I've never been skinny, always having a tummy, but I decided it was time to make my tummy smaller like it once was.

My goal is to be 140 lbs for my cousins wedding at the end of July. It's likely many of my friends from college will be there, and they would remember the 175 lbs version of me. I'd like to think that I've changed.

I don't eat whatever I want anymore. I eat a small bowl of cereal for breakfast. I used to never eat breakfast. Today I had half of a sandwich for lunch instead of a McDonalds extra value meal. Between breakfast and lunch I worked out. I wanted to do 10 minutes on the elliptical since it felt so good the previous two days. Instead I did 25 minutes for a 500 calorie burn followed by knee raises, front and side arm raises, front rows, shoulder presses, bent over rows, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, sumo squats and lunges. Right now I feel great. I'm seeing more definition in my arms and back, my thighs are smaller, and my face looks smaller.

The Biggest Loser has been a huge inspiration. The contestants are bigger than me, working out harder than me, and end up being smaller than me. Last night Sherry was kicked off and in her "Where are you now" segment she weighed in at 138. Why not me? The truth is, it could be me. The only thing stopping me from my ideal weight is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment