Friday, March 12, 2010

My Battle with Weight Loss

Current Hat: White Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA National Hockey Champions Hat

Current weight: 163 lbs

In December of 2009 I weighed in at 175 lbs when I decided enough was enough. I've always had a bit of a tummy at any weight no matter how active I was. I loved sports even though I never played for a team. Lately I've been gaining and gaining weight. I needed a point where I'd red flag myself and force myself to lose the weight even though I wasn't that overweight. That point was 175 lbs.

Since then I've gained several workout tools. I use The Biggest Loser Fitness Game and EA Sports Active both for the Wii. I have an Elliptical machine in the basement along with a soon to be finished weight bench (It came without an essential part, but it just came in the mail). I also own 3 Biggest Loser Workout DVDs: Last Chance Workout, 30 Day Jumpstart, and Cardio max.

So the weight has been coming off slowly. Usually 1-2 lbs a week if I've been good and usually I get a 3 week period of losing nothing after losing weight for 3 weeks.

Yesterday I didn't want to do any of the goals I had set for myself including working out. Well I did them anyway. It felt good. The workout was 30 minutes Upper Body on TBL (The biggest loser) wii game. Lots of planks, pushups, tricep dips, jumping rope, and punching. I made it through. I wanted to give up and I didn't. My reward was the 163 on the scale today. Hopefully on wednesday (my official weigh in day) it will say 162. Tonight I'm doing TBL Cardio Max dvd then watching the rangers game. Yes, I promised you I'd write a piece on Regents and I didn't forget. I will write it during the game.

Today was also my first day back to work. At the beach they can't keep everyone all year round, so I was let go in the winter. My brain is mush now, the way I'd like my body to feel after tonights work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment