Sunday, April 11, 2010

Smart Ass

Current Hat: 2007 NY Rangers St. Patricks Day Hat

Quick Side Note: It's a win-and-in game for the Rangers today starting at 3 p.m. Eastern...and I'll be working : (

Today's topic: What makes being a person a smart ass?

I've been sarcastic most of my life and many people have called me a smart ass on more than one occasion. Most of the time it's because I made a quick witty joke at someone's expense. Now I understand it's a pretty mean thing to do and there really is no point to it. I've stopped (mostly, it's a hard habit to break)

At work, I've been dealing mostly with the public (You Guys). Now you don't realize you say some pretty stupid stuff all the time. I understand you have questions and even though I've answered the same questions over and over again, I explain the answers the same way to you. Here's my question to you all in cyber space: Am I a smart ass for answering the exact questions people ask?

For instance, a gentleman came in and asked how much the applications were. I responded that they were free...he could have as many applications as he wanted. Yes, I could have told him the permit he was applying for was $65, but he didn't ask that. My mother asks questions all the time about things she doesn't want to know the answer to. She thinks she's smarter for some reason by asking one question to come up with the answer to another.

Wake up people! Just ask the question you actually you want to know the answer to and then people like me can't be a smart ass by answering the question you actually asked! This means you have to think. You have to know what you're getting to; what your point actually is. People have become too lazy to not think before they speak. It's time to change that. We can become a smarter more thoughtful people. All you have to do is think!

No comments:

Post a Comment